Sunday, June 15, 2008

amazon buying binge

It's rare that I buy more than one or two books at once, but once in a while I've accumulated such a long list of books that I want to read at that very moment that I end up buying a boatload. In case you were interested, here's what I'll be reading over the next while -- you'll likely some of these names on this site again...

  • "Power, Sex, Suicide: Mitochondria and the Meaning of Life" Nick Lane; Paperback; $12.21
  • "Network Power: The Social Dynamics of Globalization" David Singh Grewal; Hardcover; $19.80
  • "Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, and Happiness" Richard H. Thaler; Hardcover; $17.16
  • "Mirroring People: The New Science of How We Connect with Others" Marco Iacoboni; Hardcover; $16.50
  • "A Dash of Style: The Art and Mastery of Punctuation" Noah Lukeman; Paperback; $11.16
  • "The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom" Jonathan Haidt; Paperback; $10.85
  • "Negotiation Genius: How to Overcome Obstacles and Achieve Brilliant Results at the Bargaining Table and Beyond" Deepak Malhotra; Hardcover; $17.16
  • "Kluge: The Haphazard Construction of the Human Mind" Gary Marcus; Hardcover; $14.40
I'd be happy to provide info on why I chose a particular book if you have a request...

No comments: